Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Back Home... Kanchanaburi I mean

I left Kanchanaburi and Moo Baan Dek behind a little over a week ago to meet my research group on Koh Samed, a small island in the Gulf of Thailand. We relaxed a day and then presented to each other as well an Darrion, Karen, and Sarah Siler our experiences and ideas about our respective projects. Each person had an incredible experience at his or her place of study and came back with tons of stories, history, and new knowledge to share. I'm very excited that we can present our research and recount our experiences with the community back home in the fall... my only fearis that we'll have too much to share in too little time.
I had originally intended to waste away in Samed this week... just as I did last week... Sleeping until noon...eating lunch on the sand... refining my new dirtbike riding skills in the afternoon... and yes, of course, revelry at the disco in the evening. But the students that I shared my stories with became very interested in Moo Baan Dek and Kanchanaburi. So, on a whim, I decided to come back to this place that I have called home for most of the trip. To the river Kwae... the mountains... the railroads and the waterfalls that I had become accustomed to. And not least... I've returned to Moo Baan Dek, a second time, and I'm so glad I did. I heard my name in "Dek" once again |Saala| and it feels like home__ That is until I really go home in four short days|

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily Posey said...

Hope your having an awesome last few days there!!Can't wait to see you! Love you!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home